Monday, July 13, 2009

Are All Etsy Sellers Professional Photographer On The Side?

Ok, so I only have 2 items in my Etsy shop. I am cutting myself some slack though because my shop has just opened, and I am still trying to figure out the best way to photograph my nursery wall hangings. They are hard to photograph because they are in an 8x10 glass format frame, and it's hard not to end up with a glare from the glass. Even if the flash is turned off. It seems that all the photos on Etsy are so nice! I had to wonder, when I first began my Etsy journey, if all the sellers were also professional photographers on the side! Most sellers' photos are so nice and angled and cropped with beautiful backgrounds. And the items look so sparkly and clean. How am I supposed to get my photos to look like that? No clue. I bought some white foam board for my background, stuck a push pin in the board to hang my nursery wall hangings, then shot some photos. But it's hard to take 'angled and cropped' photos of my wall hangings and still be able to identify them as a wall hanging. They are so beautiful in person, I just hope I can find a way to do them justice! To check out these nursery name art wall hangings, check out www.FeaturingBaby.etsy.com. And if any of you have any suggestions on how to artistically photograph these wall hangings, I would welcome your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment