Friday, July 31, 2009

The Battle Of The Bottom

AH...the battle of the wills, the need for autonomy and independence showers over any logical train of thought...thus introduces the 'battle of the bottom'....diaper changing fits that is. Figuring out how to get my one year old to lay still long enough for a diaper change is one of the biggest challenges I face on a day to day basis. He hates it! I have recently changed the 'battlefield' location from the changing table to the floor for safety reasons. He flips, he turns, wriggles and cries. It's as if getting a diaper change is the end of the world! I understand that, at this age, sitting still long enough to get anything accomplished is a task within itself and the urge and need to continue discovering and exploring the world takes a back seat to nothing. I am running out of ways to redirect and occupy his attention. (open to suggestions LOL)
We will get through this challenge, and I'm sure there will be more up ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment